Indahfashion Shop's Fan Box

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Sunday 21 June 2009

“It Ain’t How Hard You Hit…It’s How Hard You Can Get Hit and Keep Moving Forward”

It was about 22 years ago when I watched my first ROCKY movie (Rocky III) and it really inspired me to get up from defeat (after failing my exams) and to train hard to become a winner in life.

Today, 22 years later, I find myself being inspired once again by Sylvestor Stallone’s latest Rocky Movie (Rocky Balboa- part 6). In this latest movie, Rocky is aged 60+ and retired from boxing. One day, Rocky decides to come out of retirement and to get back into the ring. He feels the need to fight because of emotional issues that he needs to resolve within himself. Naturally, he is criticized and made fun of because he is fighting opponents half his age.

His son (a corporate executive in his 30s) is totally against the idea. His career is going nowhere and he blames his father for casting a big shadow over him. His friends make fun of him because of who his father is.

This is where the 60-year old Rocky gives his son a heart-to-heart reprimand about how he needs to stop blaming and take charge of his life. A saddened Rocky says he remembers when his son could fit in the palm of his hand.

He says that he saw great potential in him and when he first started off in life, he did great. However,at some point, he changed. He lost his way and started blaming other things and people for his own misfortune. Telling him:

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain’t about how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. . It’s How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.

Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not point fingers and blame other people. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!”

This movie had a huge impact on me just like the first few Rocky movies did because what was said was so true in my own life. ” Its not how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.”

I have found that in my life, I have met so many people who were much smarter, talented and luckier than me. What made me more successful at the end of the day was my ability to get hit again and again and to keep moving forward. I never gave up. However, I know of many friends who got hit hard by life and could never find the courage to get up again. Instead, they quit dreaming and accepted a mediocre life.

There were many times in my life when I did get hit hard and felt that I had problems I could never solve. There were times when I felt that life was unfair and too painful to live. What kept me going forward was that I knew that no matter how bad, every problem will not last forever. Every recession will end. Dawn always breaks after the darkest hour. It was this belief that allowed me to keep getting up.

• When I got expelled from school at age 9, I kept moving forward
• When my parents split up when I was aged 13, I kept moving forward
• When my first girlfriend dumped me just before my major exams (and I was subsequently dumped by 2 other girls), I kept moving forward
• When everyone looked down on me because I got poor grades in school, I kept moving forward
• When my interior design business went bankrupt (Losing me $250,000), I kept moving forward
• When I lost over $300,000 in the stock market as an early amateur investor, I kept moving forward
• When my first book, ‘I Am Gifted, So Are You!’ was rejected by over 9 publishers, I kept moving forward
• When only 1 person signed up for my first Patterns of Excellence program 7.5 years ago, and everyone thought that my company would never make it, I kept moving forward
• When I lost all the money I made from my event management business because I was cheated by someone I trusted, I kept moving forward

Whenever we see people achieve great things, it is easy to think that they had less problems and less obstacles than we have. That their brilliance, luck or talent gave them super human abilities to sail through life easily. That everything always goes according to plan.

I can tell you from experience that things NEVER EVER always go according to plan. 80% of the goals you set and plans you make will never go the way you want. Things will screw up and obstacles will appear that will knock you down. Its all part of the game of life.

So, the greater the success you want in life, the bigger the hits you got to be willing to take. There is a price for everything. A Suzuki costs $30,000 and a ferrari costs $1m (at least in Singapore).

Success too has a price. The price is massive rejection, frustration, and hardwork, People never succeed either because they thought that success comes easy or because they are not willing to pay the price!

reference :web.adam-khoo.com



0 Comments:

Custom Search

DAFTAR ISI (CONTENT)